Chapter 18. General Zoning Ordinance
Sec. 18-152. Zoning Administrator
The Zoning Administrator, and/or other designee of the City Administrator, is hereby designated as the administrative and enforcement officer(s) for the provisions of this Chapter. The general duty of the Zoning Administrator is to interpret and administer this Chapter. The Zoning Administrator shall also have the following specific duties and responsibilities:
(1) Maintain permanent and current records of this Chapter, including, but not limited to, all maps, amendments, conditional uses, temporary uses, site plans, occupancy permits, variances, appeals, interpretations, and applications thereof.
(2) Receive, review, analyze, and develop written reports on all applications for land use permits, certificates of occupancy, appeals, variances, amendments to this Chapter, or other development matters.
(3) Serve as an ex-officio nonvoting member of the Plan Commission and the Zoning Board of Appeals.
(4) Issue land use permits and certificates of occupancy when the requirements of this Chapter have been met, and make and maintain records thereof.
(5) Along with any authorized agent, issue citations for the enforcement of this Chapter and nuisances under Chapter 11 of the Municipal Code.
(6) Coordinate official development review processes among government offices to the extent feasible.
(7) Conduct inspections to determine compliance with the terms of this Chapter and to take remedial action when required.
(8) Make interpretations regarding the provisions of this Chapter per Section 18-169.
(9) Investigate all complaints made relating to the location of structures and the use of structures, lands, and waters. The Zoning Administrator shall give notice of all violations of this Chapter to the owner, resident, agent, or occupant of the premises, and report uncorrected violations to the City Attorney in a manner specified by him.
(Code 1982, § 17.03(4); Ord. No. 825, § 1, 4-14-1998)
Back to Chapter Table of Contents