Chapter 19. Subdivision and Platting
Sec. 19-83. Standards for dedicated lands
(1) When parklands are dedicated to the City, the subdivider is required to:
a. Properly grade and contour for proper drainage;
b. Provide surface contour suitable for anticipated use of area as approved by the City Engineer; and
c. Fine grading and seeding must occur within one (1) year following issuance of the first building permit within that land division unless otherwise authorized by the City. The improved are shall not be deemed officially accepted until a uniform grass cover to a two (2) inch height has been established. It shall be the responsibility of the subdivider to maintain the area until the City accepts the dedication.
(2) It shall be the responsibility of the City to maintain the dedicated areas upon their dedication and acceptance by the City.
(3) The Common Council may require certification of compliance with this Article by the subdivider. The cost of such report shall be paid by the subdivider.
(4) If the subdivider fails to satisfy the requirements of this Section, the Common Council may contract said completion and bill such costs to the subdivider, following a written notice to the subdivider of noncompliance. Failure to pay such costs may result in the immediate withholding of all building permits until such costs are paid.
(5) The subdivider shall pay all costs of public improvements in the public streets adjacent to or within all public and/or park lands.
(Ord. No. 1190, § 2, 12-14-2010)
Back to Chapter Table of Contents