Chapter 2. General Government
Sec. 2-96. Board of trustees of the Marshfield Public Library.
(1) Composition. The members of the board of trustees of the Marshfield Public Library from the City of Marshfield shall be appointed, shall serve and shall have the duties and responsibilities as set forth in the agreement between the City of Marshfield and the Town of McMillan.
(2) Membership. The city appointments to the board of trustees of the Marshfield Public Library shall be composed of ten members as follows:
- One member shall be a member of the Marshfield City Council, who shall be appointed for a term not exceeding his term of office on the council.
- One member shall be a school district administrator of the school district of Marshfield or his representative, as provided by § 43.54(1)(c) Wis. Stats.
- One member shall be an administrative official of the Marshfield parochial school system in the city.
- The remaining seven members shall be citizens at large, appointed proportionately based on the relative populations of participating municipalities, pursuant to the joint library agreements of the municipalities.
(3) Term of office. Members shall serve a staggered three-year term commencing July 1, except terms of appointed members may be set by the appointing authority.
(4) Public library established. There is hereby established, in and for the city, pursuant to those provisions of chapter 43 Wis. Stats., a public library, as may be applicable to municipal library operations.
(Code 1982, § 1.36)
Back to Chapter Table of Contents