Chapter 9. Licenses and Permits
Sec. 9-41. Training course.
Atraining course shall be taken by the applicant for an operator's license in accordance with the following:
(1) Except as provided in subsection (2) of this section, the council shall not issue an operator's license unless the applicant has successfully completed a responsible beverage server training course at any location that is offered by a technical college district and that conforms to curriculum guidelines specified by the technical college system board or a comparable training course that is approved by the state department of revenue or the educational approval board, or unless the applicant fulfills one of the following requirements:
- The person is renewing an operator's license.
- Within the past two years, the person held a class "A," class "B," "class A," "class B," or "class C" license or permit or a manager's or operator's license with the State of Wisconsin.
- Within the past two years, the person has completed such a training course.
(2) The council may issue a provisional operator's license to a person who is enrolled in a training course under subsection (1) of this section and shall revoke that license if the applicant fails to complete the course in which he or she enrolls.
(3) The council may not require that applicants for operator's licenses undergo training in addition to that under subsection (1) of this section, but may require applicants to purchase, at cost, materials that deal with relevant local subjects not covered in the course under subsection (1) of this section.
(Code 1982, § 12.03(25))
Back to Chapter Table of Contents