The Historic Preservation Committee shall hold a regular meeting each month on the first Monday of the month
Special or additional meetings may be held at the Call of the Committee Chairperson or upon request of the Mayor or Common Council. Such meetings may also be held upon written request of the majority of Committee members.
A simple majority of the appointed Committee members shall constitute a quorum for the transaction of business.
Article II—Officers; Election and Duties
The members of the Committee shall elect by majority vote a Chairperson and Vice Chairperson to serve one-year terms, with such election to occur at the regular May meeting with terms to commence the following June 1. Officers shall have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Call the meeting of the Committee to order when a quorum is present.
- Preside over all formal business meetings in accordance with Robert’s Rules of Order and conduct such meetings in accordance with the Wisconsin Open Meeting Law.
- Present Committee recommendations to the City Plan Commission and/or Common Council.
- Appoint sub-committees and chairpersons to head such subcommittees as appropriate.
- Communicate agenda topics and information to City staff so that meeting agendas and background information are prepared.
- Preside over all formal business meetings in the absence of the Chairperson.
Article III—Meeting Minutes and Official Records
All meeting minutes shall be prepared by the City Administrator or by another City staff person as designated by the City Administrator and presented to the Committee, the City Plan Commission, and the Mayor and Common Council.
Article IV—Voting Procedure
The vote of a simple majority of Committee members present at any meeting at which there is a quorum shall constitute the acts of the Committee.
The Committee may, by simple majority vote, establish such committees as it may determine necessary. The Chairperson shall appoint the members thereof.
These by-laws may be amended by two-thirds (2/3) vote of all Committee members.
Before amendments can be voted on, they must be presented at one regularly scheduled monthly meeting of the Committee.