Local Register

The Mechler House

305 South Maple Avenue 

The Mechler House

Built in 1893, this house (a three gabled, Victorian style home) was once occupied by E.F. Mechler, the first jeweler inMarshfield. The Mechler jewelry store was established in 1896 and was originally located at116 S. Central Avenue. Upon Mr. Mechler’s death in 1936, the house passed down through the Mechler family. For eight decades local residents has referred to this house as “The Mechler House.”