Chapter 15. Buildings and Building Regulations
Sec. 15-05. Moving buildings.
(1) No house, garage, building or other structure shall be moved from any location within the city to any location outside the city before obtaining a permit from the building services supervisor, paying the fee in the amount required by section 15-03(2) and posting the bond required by section 15-07 of this chapter.
(2) Except for mobile homes in mobile home courts, mobile home subdivisions, the Praschak Wayside Camping area, and new manufactured residential accessory building under 12 feet wide when hauled by the manufacturer to a site in the city on a properly licensed vehicle, no house, garage, building, mobile home or other structure shall be moved from any location within the city until the council has granted permission and until a permit has been issued by the building services supervisor. Before issuing such permit the building services supervisor shall file a report with the council containing the following data concerning the unit proposed to be moved:
- A statement that he has inspected it and that it complies with applicable building codes, or can be made to comply.
- A statement from the zoning administrator that it complies or can be made to comply with all of the applicable provisions of chapter 18, zoning code, and the master street plan regulations of this Municipal Code.
- A statement from the plumbing inspector that it complies or can be made to comply with all of the applicable provisions of chapter 16, the plumbing code.
- A statement from the electrical inspector that he has inspected it and that it complies or can be made to comply with all of the applicable provisions of chapter 17, the electrical code, concerning electrical work regulations.
(Code 1982, § 14.05)
Back to Chapter Table of Contents