Chapter 16. Plumbing
Sec. 16-02. Plumbing defined.
In this chapter, "plumbing" shall have the meaning set forth in § 145.01(10) Wis. Stats. and includes:
(1) All piping, fixtures, appliances, equipment, devices and appurtenances in connection with the water supply, water distribution and drainage systems, including hot water storage tanks, water softeners and water heaters connected with such water and drainage systems and the installation thereof.
(2) The construction, connection or installation of any drain or waste piping system from the outside or proposed outside foundation walls of any building to the mains or other sewer system terminal within bounds of or beneath an area subject to easement for highway purposes, including private sewer systems and the alteration of any such systems, drains or waste piping.
(3) The water service piping from the outside or proposed outside foundation walls of any building to the main or other water utility service terminal within bounds of or beneath an area subject to easement for highway purposes and its connections.
(4) The water pressure systems other than municipal systems as provided in chapter 281 Wis. Stats.
(5) A plumbing and drainage system so designed and vent piping so installed as to keep the air within the system in free circulation and movement; to prevent with a margin of safety, unequal air pressures of such force as might blow, siphon or affect trap seals or retard the discharge from plumbing fixtures or permit sewer air to escape into the building; to prohibit cross connection, contamination or pollution of the potable water supply and distribution systems; and to provide an adequate supply of water to properly serve, cleanse and operate all fixtures, equipment, appurtenances and appliances served by the plumbing system.
(Code 1982, § 15.02)
Back to Chapter Table of Contents