Chapter 18. General Zoning Ordinance
Sec. 18-131. Applicability
(1) The requirements of this Section shall not apply retroactively to existing buildings, structures, or paved areas, including requirements for bufferyards.
(2) Any use for which site plan approval is required under Section 18-164 shall provide landscaping in accordance with the regulations of this Section, including expansions of existing buildings and paved areas. In the case of expansions, only the new portion of building or paved area shall provide landscaping per the requirements of this Article.
(3) Where insufficient site area remains to comply with all provisions of this section, the City may require compliance to the extent practical.
(4) This Article is designed to encourage preservation of existing plants on the site but granting them double point values per Section 18-133.
(5) Single family, two family, and agricultural land uses are exempt from landscaping requirements.
(6) Exceptions to the requirements of this Article may be granted through a conditional use permit. The applicant shall demonstrate a hardship (excluding financial hardship) that justifies exception.
(Code 1982, § 17.17(1))
Back to Chapter Table of Contents