Chapter 18. General Zoning Ordinance
Sec. 18-158. Public Hearings
In order that the owners of property involved and other legitimately interested parties may have fair opportunity to be heard, adequate notice shall be given of any public hearing required by the provisions of this Chapter.
(1) Notice of any public hearing which the Council, Plan Commission, or Board of Appeals is required to hold under the terms of this Chapter shall specify the date, time, and place of hearing, and the matter to be presented at the hearing.
(2) The notice for variances and conditional uses shall be published as a Class 1 notice.
(3) The notice for zoning ordinance amendments and zoning map amendments shall be published as a Class 2 notice.
(4) The notice of public hearing shall be published in a newspaper of general circulation in the City of Marshfield at least one week before the public hearing.
(5) Notice of the public hearing shall be mailed to all parties-in-interest at least 10 days before the hearing. Parties-in-interest shall be defined as the petitioner; the Clerk of any municipality whose boundaries are within 1,000 feet of any lands included in the petition; the owners of all lands included in the petition and all lands lying within 100 feet of lands included in the petition; and the owner or operator of an airport lying within 3 miles of lands included in the petition. The failure to give any notice to any property owner shall not invalidate the action taken by any of the aforementioned bodies.
(6) Except for hearings required for a zoning change, such request for a hearing shall be presented to the City Clerk in writing and shall be accompanied by a map or description clearly identifying the property involved and by a fee in accordance with the City fee schedule, payable to the City, to defray the cost of notification and holding of a public hearing.
Back to Chapter Table of Contents