Chapter 2. General Government
Sec. 2-36. Mayor and alderpersons.
(1) Election and term. The election and terms of the mayor and aldermen shall be as provided in section 2-02. The mayor's and alderpersons' terms shall commence on the third Tuesday in April of the year of their election.
(2) Powers and duties. Powers and duties of the mayor and alderpersons shall be as follows:
- Mayor. Powers and duties of the mayor shall be as provided by statutes and this Code, to include:
- The mayor shall be the chief executive officer. He shall see that city ordinances and state laws are observed and enforced and that all city officers and employees discharge their duties.
- The mayor shall, from time to time, give the council such information and recommend such measures as he may deem advantageous to the city.
- Alderpersons. The alderpersons together with the mayor shall constitute the council and shall have such duties and powers as are enumerated in chapter 62Wis. Stats. and elsewhere in the statutes and in chapter 3 of this Code.
(Code 1982, § 1.10)
Back to Chapter Table of Contents