Chapter 2. General Government
Sec. 2-38. City assessor.
(1) Election and term. The term of the city assessor shall commence on June 1 of the year elected.
(2) Certification required. No recipient of this office shall serve unless such person has been certified by the Wisconsin Department of Revenue under § 73.09 Wis. Stats.
(3) Powers and duties. Powers and duties of the assessor shall be as follows:
- The assessor shall have such powers and duties as prescribed by chapter 70Wis. Stats.
- The city assessor shall perform such other duties as shall be prescribed by state law, supervisory personnel of the state department of revenue and the council, including attendance at all meetings of the board of review.
(4) Confidentiality of information. Whenever the assessor, in the performance of the assessor's duties, requests or obtains income and expense information pursuant to § 70.47(7)(af) Wis. Stats., or any successor statute thereto, then, such income and expense information that is provided to the assessor shall be held by the assessor on a confidential basis, except, however, that such information may be revealed to and used by persons: in the discharging of duties imposed by law; in the discharge of duties imposed by office (including, but not limited to, use by the assessor in performance of official duties of the assessor's office and use by the board of review in performance of its official duties); or pursuant to order of a court. Income and expense information provided to the assessor under § 70.47(7)(af) Wis. Stats., unless a court determines that it is inaccurate, is, per § 70.47(7)(af) Wis. Stats., not subject to the right of inspection and copying under § 19.35(1) Wis. Stats.
(Code 1982, § 1.13; Ord. No. 23, § 1-4, 8-8-2006; Ord. No. 897, § 1, 5-9-2000)
Back to Chapter Table of Contents