Chapter 2. General Government
Sec. 2-39. Municipal judge.
(1) Election and term. The term of the municipal judge shall commence on May 1 of the year elected.
(2) Powers and duties. The municipal judge may issue civil warrants to enforce matters which are under his jurisdiction, and may issue inspection warrants under § 66.0119 Wis. Stats. The judge may impose such forfeitures, costs and fees as may be enumerated in the Wisconsin Statutes and the ordinances of the City of Marshfield. The municipal judge may punish for contempt as provided in § 800.12(2) Wis. Stats.
(3) Municipal court staff. The municipal court staff shall consist of the following:
- The clerk who shall be appointed by the judge and file the oath as required in § 19.01 Wis. Stats. and shall file a bond in the sum of $1,000.00 with the city clerk, and who is an employee of the City of Marshfield;
- The bailiff who shall be a serving police officer assigned by the police chief and shall, if required, assist the court while in session.
(Code 1982, § 1.28)
Back to Chapter Table of Contents