Chapter 22. Municipal Airport
Sec. 22-52. Mandatory lease clauses for airports receiving federal airport aid.
(1) Fair and nondiscriminatory services. The lessee, in the conduct of its authorized aeronautical business activities on the demised premises and on the airport, shall furnish good, prompt and efficient service adequate to meet the demands for its service at the airport, and shall furnish such service on a fair, equal and not unjustly discriminatory basis to all users thereof, and shall charge fair, reasonable and not unjustly discriminatory prices for each unit of sale or service; provided, however, that the lessee shall be allowed to make reasonable and nondiscriminatory discounts, rebates, or other similar types of price reductions to volume purchasers.
(2) Title VI, civil rights assurances. The lessee, for himself, his personal representatives, successors in interest, and assigns, as a part of the consideration hereof, does hereby covenant and agree as a covenant running with the land that:
- No person on the grounds of race, color or national origin shall be excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination in the use of such facilities.
- In the construction of any improvements on, over, or under such land and the furnishing of services thereon, no person on the grounds of race, color or national origin shall be excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or otherwise be subjected to discrimination.
- The lessee shall use the premises in compliance with all other requirements imposed by or pursuant to title 49, Code of Federal Regulations, Department of Transportation, subtitle A, Office of the Secretary, part 21, nondiscrimination in federally assisted programs of the Department of Transportation, effectuation of title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and as such regulations may be amended.
(3) Aircraft service by owner or operator of aircraft. It is clearly understood by the lessee that no right or privilege has been granted which would operate to prevent any person operating aircraft on the airport from performing any services on its own aircraft with its own regular employees (including, but not limited to, maintenance and repair) that it may choose to perform.
(4) Nonexclusive rights clause. The lessee shall have the right and privilege of engaging in and conducting a business on the premises of the airport under the terms and conditions as set forth hereinafter, provided, however, that this agreement shall not be construed in any manner to grant the lessee or those claiming under it the exclusive right to the use of the premises and facilities of such airport other than those premises leased exclusively to the lessee hereunder.
(Code 1982, § 21.31)
Back to Chapter Table of Contents