Chapter 22. Municipal Airport
Sec. 22-55. Ultralight aircraft.
The following requirements pertain to all ultralight aircraft using the Marshfield Municipal Airport:
(1) Federal Aviation Regulations adopted. Part 103 of the Federal Aviation Regulations, as now effective and as the same may hereafter be amended, insofar as part 103 is applicable, is hereby adopted by reference and made a part of this Code with the same force and effect as if such regulations were set forth in this section in total. A copy of such regulations shall be kept on file in the office of the city clerk and of the airport manager.
(2) Use of airport defined. The use of the airport by ultralight aircraft is defined as follows:
- Runways. Operators of ultralight aircraft as defined in subsection (1) of this section shall use the outside grass portion of runway 16/34 (on the west side of the runway) and runway 22/04 (on the south side of the runway) for primary takeoffs and landings.
- Patterns. Operators of ultralight aircraft shall use 500-foot pattern one-fourth mile downwind legs, except for takeoffs and landings, inside all aircraft traffic, and shall make all reasonable efforts to avoid crossing runways in accordance with subsection (1) of this section.
- Treatment as other aircraft. Except as provided in this section, all ultralight aircraft shall be treated the same as any other aircraft.
(Code 1982, § 21.34)
Back to Chapter Table of Contents