Chapter 6. Fire Protection
Sec. 6-58. Special events.
(1) The organizer of any special event which will result in the occupancy or use of any building or premises by a larger number of persons then are normally present at or in such building or premises, or at a time when such building or premises is not normally being used, will notify the Marshfield Fire and Rescue Department of the planned special event at least five days prior to the date of the event.
(2) The organizer will notify the Marshfield Fire and Rescue Department in writing of the special event, to include:
- The name of the organizer or contact person for the organizer.
- The time, date and location of the event.
- A general description of the planned activity.
- The number of persons anticipated to participate or be present.
(3) The Marshfield Fire and Rescue Department may, if unique issues of access or hazardous activities are raised due to the location or planned activities, impose such limitations or requirements which the department deems necessary for the safety of persons and property involved in the event.
(Code 1982, § 5.23)
Back to Chapter Table of Contents