Chapter 8. Traffic Code
Sec. 8-10. State forfeiture statutes.
(1) Generally. Any forfeiture for violation of §§ 8.340.01—8.941.01 of the Code shall conform to the forfeiture permitted to be imposed for violation of the statutes adopted by reference, including any variations or increases for subsequent offenses.
(2) Local regulations. Except as otherwise provided in this chapter, the penalty for violation of ss. 8-03, 8-44 and 8-82 of this chapter shall not be less than $20.00 nor more than $200.00 for the first offense and not less than $40.00 nor more than $500.00 for the second offense in two years.
(3) Parking violations. Forfeitures for parking violations shall be as follows:
- (a) The forfeitures for the following statutory violations shall be as indicated:
| ||Wis. Stats.|| ||Forfeiture|
| || || ||Min.||Max.|
|1.||346.505||Stopping/standing/parking prohibited in parking spaces reserved for vehicles displaying special registration plates or special identification cards||$30.00||$300.00|
|2.||346.51(1)||Improper parking on/off roadway||5.00||40.00|
|3.||346.52(1)||Stopping/standing in prohibited areas||5.00||40.00|
|4.||346.52(2)||Stopping/standing on highway by grade school||5.00||40.00|
|5.||346.53||Parking/standing where prohibited||5.00||40.00|
|6.||346.54||Improper parking/standing of vehicle||5.00||40.00|
|7.||346.55(1)||Parking on left side of highway||5.00||200.00|
|8.||346.55(3)||Parking on posted private property||10.00||40.00|
- Notwithstanding the penalties listed in subsection (3)(a) of this section, any person having a vehicle registered in his/her name which is found to be parked in violation of section 8-77, 8-78, 8-79(2) or 8-80 shall, upon conviction thereof, forfeit not less than $5.00 nor more than $50.00, and any person having a vehicle registered in his/her name which is found to be parked in violation of section 8-79(1) shall, upon conviction thereof, forfeit not less than $5.00 nor more than $100.00, besides the costs of prosecution, or in default of such payment and costs, may be imprisoned in the city or county jail until such forfeiture and costs are paid, not to exceed five days; provided that such forfeiture shall not be imposed if the offender deposits a sum equal to the minimum forfeiture within 48 hours or a sum double the minimum forfeiture more than 48 hours after the issuance of the citation by the police department for such violation; all such deposits shall be in United States coin or currency. Deposits shall be placed in the envelope provided with the citation and put in the police department boxes located at the police station and throughout the city. The chief of police shall procure and install a reasonable number of such boxes and shall prepare or obtain suitable envelopes to be attached to the citation issued for such violations.
Back to Chapter Table of Contents