Chapter 8. Traffic Code
Sec. 8-77. Parking lot regulations.
(1) Jurisdiction. Jurisdiction over parking lots shall be as follows:
- The Board of Public Works shall be ultimately responsible for the construction, reconstruction, development, maintenance and operation of the municipal parking lots in the City of Marshfield and shall have the further responsibility of providing any on-street parking which may be necessary or advisable, all of such responsibility and authority to be, however, subject to the final approval of the council.
- The enforcement of all parking regulations, presently in force or subsequently enacted, shall be under the direction of the police department.
(2) Municipal parking lots. Parking in municipal parking lots shall be in accordance with the following:
- Hours of operation. All municipal parking lots in the City of Marshfield, except the municipal lot at the Marshfield Municipal Airport, shall be unmetered parking lots, and the parking therein shall be as provided in subsection (2)(b) of this section.
- Unmetered lots. Parking in the lots described in subsection (2)(a) of this section shall be limited to three hours between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. daily, except that parking stalls immediately adjacent to Second Street in the so-called post office lot at 201 South Chestnut Avenue shall be limited to 15 minutes. Overnight permit parking in the municipal lots shall be subject to the overnight parking restrictions set forth in section 8-79, except that the board of public works may establish overnight permit parking spaces with approval of the council. Such overnight permit parking spaces shall be designated by appropriate signs or other markings as overnight permit parking spaces. Daytime permit parking spaces shall be established by the board of public works with approval of the council and shall be designated by appropriate signs or other markings as daytime permit parking spaces. Fees for daytime and overnight parking permits shall be established by the board of public works with approval by the council. All permits shall be issued by the police department with all fees collected to be submitted to the finance director. The following table identifies the number of permits allowed for each municipal lot:
|Lot Address||Also Known As||Day Permits Allowed||Night Permits Allowed|
|108 East Veterans Pkwy|| ||0||0|
|106 South Maple|| ||15||6|
|208 South Maple Avenue||Old City Hall||17||5|
|308 South Maple Avenue||Sears||14||10|
|408 South Maple Avenue||Theater||Unlimited||5|
|111 South Maple Avenue||Library||20||5|
|111 South Chestnut Avenue||Charles Apts.||Unlimited||14|
|201 South Chestnut Avenue||Post Office||0||5|
|408 South Chestnut Avenue||West 5th Street, Associated Bank||Unlimited||5|
|109 West 6th Street||West 6th Street, Heinzen Printing||Unlimited||5|
|109 West 5th Street||West 5th Street, Baltus||5||5|
The limitations contained in the first sentence of this subsection shall not apply to persons to whom a complimentary parking permit has been issued by the chief of police or his designee.
(Code 1982, § 7.05; Ord. No. 1054, § 1, 7-12-2005; Ord. No. 1134, § 1, 8-12-2008)
Back to Chapter Table of Contents