Chapter 8. Traffic Code
Sec. 8-79. All-night parking.
(1) Prohibited. When signs have been erected at, or reasonably near, the corporate limits of the city, as provided by § 349.13 Wis. Stats., informing motorists that parking limitations and snow emergency regulations are in effect, no person shall park any vehicle on any street in the city between the hours of 2:30 a.m. and 6:00 a.m., except emergency vehicles and physicians on an emergency call, and except as permitted pursuant to section 8.08 of this Code.
(2) City-owned lots. No person shall park any vehicle on any city-owned parking lot between the hours of 1:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m. of any day, or 2:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m. of any day during daylight saving time, except as follows:
- Those spaces in each city-owned lot as designated by the board of public works if a permit has been issued for such spaces as provided in section 8-77(2) of this Code.
- Those spaces in each city-owned lots as designated by the board of public works.
(3) Snow emergency. This section does not apply in the event a snow emergency is declared pursuant to section 13-35(3).
(Code 1982, § 7.07; Ord. No. 1174, § 1, 2-9-2010)
Back to Chapter Table of Contents