Chapter 9. Licenses and Permits
Sec. 9-26. License application.
The license application shall be submitted in accordance with the following:
(1) Contents. The application for a license to sell or deal in intoxicating liquor or fermented malt beverages shall be made in writing on the form prescribed by the Wisconsin Department of Revenue and shall be sworn to by the applicant as provided by §§ 887.01—887.03 Wis. Stats. and shall be filed with the city clerk not less than 15 days prior to the granting of such license. The premises shall be physically described to include every room and storage space to be covered by the license, including all rooms not separated by a solid wall and all rooms joined by connecting entrances.
(2) Publication. The city clerk shall publish each application for fermented malt beverage and/or intoxicating liquor licenses or "class C" wine licenses. The application shall be published three successive days in the official city newspaper, and the cost of publication shall be paid by the applicant at the time the application is filed, as determined under § 985.08 Wis. Stats.
(3) Fees for publication and investigation. Upon the filing of the application, the applicant shall pay the city a sum for publication of the notice of the application for the license together with a nonrefundable investigation fee of $15.00.
(4) Amending application. Whenever anything occurs to change any fact set out in the application of any licensee and prior to the issue of such license, such licensee shall file with the issuing authority a notice, in writing, of such change within ten days after the occurrence thereof. Notice of such facts after issue of any license shall be grounds for reconsideration of the approval of any application, upon notice and public hearing.
(5) Filing of application. All renewal applications for liquor licenses shall be filed on or before April 15 of each license year. A late fee of $25.00 shall be imposed on any license renewal application filed after April 15.
(Code 1982, § 12.03(6))
Back to Chapter Table of Contents