Chapter 9. Licenses and Permits
Sec. 9-74. Records; certain sales restricted.
The licensee shall keep records and certain sales are restricted in accordance with the following:
(1) Records. The licensee shall keep records of purchases, dates and times thereof, and the names and addresses of the persons from whom purchased. Such records shall be open to inspection by the chief of police or any city police officer.
(2) Purchase from minors. No licensee shall purchase any merchandise of any kind from a person under 18 years of age.
(3) Reports. Licensee reporting requirements are as follows:
a. Every such licensee shall report all Vehicle Identification Numbers (VIN) listed on any article purchased, to the City of Marshfield police department by phone or by email within 24 hours of the business day of which the article was originally purchased.
b. Every such licensee who comes into possession of stolen merchandise, or merchandise which is advertised or alleged or supposed, by law enforcement, to have been stolen, or merchandise which answers the description of such merchandise, shall immediately report such information to the police department, together with the name of the person from whom purchased or obtained, and shall, on demand by any officer, exhibit such merchandise to him or them. Said merchandise shall not be sold, scrapped, transferred, or disposed of in any way without the authorization of the Chief of Police or his designee.
(4) Waiting period. No such licensee shall expose for sale, sell or dispose of any articles with a Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) until one full business day has passed from the time of reporting the VIN of the article(s) to the police department, unless otherwise given approval by the Chief of Police or his designee.
(5) Hours limited. Scrap metal and moter vehicle salvage dealer businesses may only be open to the public from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
(Code 1982, § 12.10(4))
Back to Chapter Table of Contents