Marshfield Residential Incentive (MRI) Program
Marshfield Residential Incentive Program is made possible by the Marshfield Economic Development Board and Marshfield Utilities. A printable brochure for this program can be found here.
***ONLY BUILDING PERMITS FOR NEW SINGLE AND TWO FAMILY RESIDENTIAL DWELLING UNITS ISSUED AFTER JUNE 1, 2017 ARE ELIGIBLE FOR INCENTIVE***
Based upon the findings of the 2014 Housing Study, there is an inadequate supply of desirable owner-occupied housing in the City under $200,000. While there is an abundance of homes in this range, many are deemed unacceptable due to their condition. The Marshfield Residential Incentive (MRI) program is a grant program with the purpose of encouraging developers and/or residents to invest or rehabilitate the City’s housing stock by providing financial incentives to new single family and two family residential dwelling units.
How to Apply
- When submitting a building permit application also complete the MRI Program application with the Development Services Department
- Only building permits for new single family and two family residential dwelling units issued after June 1, 2017 are eligible for an incentive
- The permit must be for a single family or two family construction following the WI UDC standards
- The incentive payment does not apply to additions, remodeling, or construction of accessory buildings/uses
- New multifamily developments (3+ units) are not eligible for an incentive payment
The incentive payment can be applied to any new single family or two family residential construction
- An award shall not be granted until an Occupancy Permit is granted by the Building Inspector
- The incentive payment will be calculated based upon the improvement value as determined by the City Assessor's Office (land value not included)
- Maximum amount of incentive payment is $7,500 per property (two family duplexes/twin homes are considered one property)
- Awards made are also based on available funding
- Payment/actual incentive will be made to the owner of record
- An award shall not be granted if there are any outstanding charges or violations against the property
- Assessed value $0.00 - $150,000; 5% incentive; $0.00 - $7,500 payment
- Assessed value $150,001 - $175,000; 4% incentive; $6,000 - $7,000 payment
- Assessed value $175,001 - $200,000; 3% incentive; $5,250 - $6,000 payment
- Assessed value $200,001+; 2% incentive; $4,000 - $7,500 max payment
Any questions about the MRI Program can be directed to Josh Miller, Director of Development Services at 715-486-2075 or by email at email@example.com. Other building related questions can be directed to Cheryl Uthmeier at 715-486-2016 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.