Marshfield Residential Incentive Program is made possible by the Marshfield Economic Development Board and Marshfield Utilities. A printable brochure for this program can be found here.
***ONLY BUILDING PERMITS FOR NEW SINGLE AND TWO FAMILY RESIDENTIAL DWELLING UNITS ISSUED AFTER JUNE 1, 2017 ARE ELIGIBLE FOR INCENTIVE***
Based upon the findings of the 2014 Housing Study, there is an inadequate supply of desirable owner-occupied housing in the City under $200,000. While there is an abundance of homes in this range, many are deemed unacceptable due to their condition. The Marshfield Residential Incentive (MRI) program is a grant program with the purpose of encouraging developers and/or residents to invest or rehabilitate the City’s housing stock by providing financial incentives to new single family and two family residential dwelling units.
How to Apply
- When submitting a building permit application also complete the MRI Program application with the Development Services Department
- Only building permits for new single family and two family residential dwelling units issued after June 1, 2017 are eligible for an incentive
- The permit must be for a single family or two family construction following the WI UDC standards
- The incentive payment does not apply to additions, remodeling, or construction of accessory buildings/uses
- New multifamily developments (3+ units) are not eligible for an incentive payment
The incentive payment can be applied to any new single family or two family residential construction
- An award shall not be granted until an Occupancy Permit is granted by the Building Inspector
- The incentive payment will be calculated based upon the improvement value as determined by the City Assessor's Office (land value not included)
- Maximum amount of incentive payment is $7,500 per property (two family duplexes/twin homes are considered one property)
- Awards made are also based on available funding
- Payment/actual incentive will be made to the owner of record
- An award shall not be granted if there are any outstanding charges or violations against the property
Incentives are limited to available funds and applicants may not receive incentive payments if funds are no longer available
- Assessed value $0.00 - $150,000; 5% incentive; $0.00 - $7,500 payment
- Assessed value $150,001 - $175,000; 4% incentive; $6,000 - $7,000 payment
- Assessed value $175,001 - $200,000; 3% incentive; $5,250 - $6,000 payment
- Assessed value $200,001+; 2% incentive; $4,000 - $7,500 max payment
Any questions about the MRI Program can be directed to Josh Miller, Development Services Director at 715-486-2075 or by email at email@example.com. Other building related questions can be directed to Cheryl Uthmeier at 715-486-2016 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.