MFRD Uses CVTC Regional Testing
Marshfield Fire & Rescue Department participates in the CVTC Regional Testing Process which was designed to identify a qualified pool of entry level candidates. The route to apply for this year's process is through Chippewa Valley Technical College (CVTC). Applications, job qualifications, testing dates and testing process information can all be seen at the website link below.
Chippewa Valley Technical College’s Regional Fire Departments will be accepting applications for the 2016 hiring process January 4th, 2016 thru February 8th, 2016. Minimum requirements as well as residency requirements are different for each department and can be viewed at the link below.
The Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) is required to be taken at Chippewa Valley Technical College, concurrently with the Hiring Process. Upon successful completion of the CPAT exam, a video based written test will also be taken on the exam date.
The Regional Fire Departments accepting applications are:
- Antigo Fire Department (WI)
- Ashland Fire Department (WI)
- Chippewa Falls Fire and Emergency Services Department (WI)
- Chippewa Fire District (WI)
- Eau Claire Fire and Rescue (WI)
- La Crosse Fire Department (WI)
- Marshfield Fire and Rescue (WI)
- Menomonie Fire and Rescue (WI)
- Onalaska Fire Department (WI)
- Red Wing Fire Department (MN)
- Rhinelander Fire Department (WI)
- Stevens Point Fire Department (WI)
- Wausau Fire Department (WI)
- Wisconsin Rapids Fire Department (WI)
For more information on each department or for more information on the hiring process, visit our webpage at www.firedepartmenthiring.com
Salaries vary with department ranging from $36,000 - $50,000+ plus benefit package. Chippewa Valley Technical College (CVTC) in Eau Claire, WI is the main contact point and testing center for the 2016 process. More information pertaining to the Regional Fire Department Hiring Process and CPAT exam can be found at: www.firedepartmenthiring.com
Public terminals for Internet access can be found at public libraries or schools. Applications must be submitted online by 5:00pm on February 8th, 2016. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply. Participating Fire Departments are an Equal Opportunity Employer.