Oak Avenue Community Center
- The gym is $135 (includes sales tax) per day (8 a.m. - 12 a.m.) for an athletic event (basketball, volleyball). A full day gym rental includes use of the dining room at no charge.
- The gym is $165 (includes sales tax) per day for any non-athletic event, requiring mats to be put on the gym floor (parties, sales). A full day gym rental includes use of the dining room at no charge.
- The dining room rental is $35 for a 6-hour time-block (10am-4pm or 4:30pm-10:30pm). Full-day rental of the gym includes free use of the dining room, if you so choose. Please indicate when making reservation.
- A $25 refundable key deposit is required when picking up the key for your rental.
- Please call the Parks & Recreation office at 715-384-4642 ext. 0 for prices of other rooms within the Oak Avenue Community Center.
- Facility keys must be picked up Mon - Fri, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., no more than two days in advance of rental.
Reservations will be accepted no more than two years in advance to the exact date. Reservations will be accepted by telephone or in person on a first-come, first-serve basis. Priority will be given to all Parks & Recreation Department sponsored activities and City-wide special events by allowing these reservations to be made more than two years in advance of the desired date.
Reservations made less than two weeks in advance of the requested date(s) must be approved by department supervisor prior to confirmation of the reservation.
The Parks, Recreation and Forestry Committee reserves the right to review all requests for use of the Oak Avenue Community Center.
The rental fee must be paid within two weeks of making the reservation. Charges will be made for any and all damages, lack of cleaning, lost keys, administrative costs, and other services required.
A $25 key deposit will be charged when picking up the keys from the office. The key deposit will be returned in full, should the building be left in good order, properly cleaned, closing report completed, and the keys returned as scheduled. Charges will be billed to the renter for any and all damages, lack of cleaning, lost keys, use of the building outside of rented hours, administrative costs, and other services as required. Additional charges will be made if necessary.
The adult (18 years or older) signing the reservation form assumes complete responsibility for any and all damages, missing items, and cleaning responsibilities. A listing of cleaning and closing responsibilities shall be given to the individual at the time that the building key is checked out.
Refunds and Cancellations
Cancellations made within two weeks from the date that the reservation was made shall receive a full refund of any fees that have been paid.
Cancellations made one year or more prior to the scheduled date shall receive a full refund of any fees that have been paid.
Cancellations made less than one year, but more than sixty days prior to the scheduled date shall be charged a $25.00 cancellation fee.
Cancellations made 60 days or less prior to the scheduled date shall be charged a $50 cancellation fee.
An individual shall be allowed to reschedule/transfer to a new date one time without an additional charge, if the following criteria are met:
- The request is made more than 60 days prior to the scheduled date.
- The new reschedule/transfer date is within six months of the original date.
- A reschedule/transfer may only occur one time per reservation.
The placement of signs associated with a scheduled use of the Oak Avenue Community Center shall comply with the following items:
- Signs shall not be placed at the site more than one week in advance of the scheduled use.
- Signs shall be placed only at the pre-approved locations.
- The current event/activity has priority regarding sign placement. If a previously placed sign for an upcoming event conflicts with the promotion or function of a current event being held at the center the Parks & Recreation Director or his/her designee may require that the sign(s) to be removed, relocated or modified until after the current event/activity has come to an end.
- The placement of signs shall not cause damage to either the building or grounds.
- All signs must comply with the city sign ordinance and policies. It is the responsibility of the individual or organization to confirm compliance through the Planning and Economic Development Department.
- Individuals requesting to post signs shall provide the quantity, size, location, and content at the time the building is reserved.
Use of the Oak Avenue Community Center outside of the regular park hours (8:00 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.) must be approved in advance by the Parks and Recreation Director. The Parks and Recreation Department will inform the Marshfield Police Department of any uses of outside the posted park hours. Requests for extended hours must be made a minimum of two weeks prior to the scheduled date. No activities shall extend past 12:00 a.m. (midnight) without prior approval of the Parks, Recreation and Forestry Committee.
A full-day gym rental will also include use of the dining room at no charge.
Keys may be picked up one business day in advance of scheduled use in the Parks & Recreation office. Keys must be picked up during regular office hours which are Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Keys shall be returned on the first business day following the use of the facility. Exception: For Sunday and holiday reservations, the keys can be picked up on the last business day immediately prior to the reservation.
Oak Avenue Community Center furnishings, including the tables and chairs, may not be removed from the building. Exception: Events listed in sec 1 as "City-Wide Special Events" shall be allowed to use the old (those purchased prior to 2001) tables and chairs at locations other than the community center. They are required to reserve the tables and chairs through the Parks & Recreation Department. In the event that a previously scheduled building use conflicts with their request for use of the tables and chairs, the scheduled use shall take precedence.
Maximum occupancy for the gym area is 560 people. The building exits must be free of any obstructions. The Marshfield Fire Department and Police Department are provided schedules of the building uses and may perform periodic inspection of the building to ensure compliance with local ordinances.
Groups requiring licenses and/or permits for their activities shall be responsible to obtain them through the City Clerk's office and be in compliance with all municipal ordinance and codes. All use of alcoholic beverages must comply with section 12.03(13) section I of the City Ordinance Policy and Procedures Manual pertaining to serving alcohol in glass containers.
No smoking or use of tobacco products is allowed in the Oak Avenue Community Center.
Building user will be given a cleaning and closing checklist when they pick up the building keys. The checklist shall be completed and returned along with the keys following the use. Building users are expected to return the building to the condition that it was found. All tables and chairs cleaned and stored in their proper location. All trash and debris shall be placed in the proper dumpster located outside the rear door of the gym. All floors shall be cleaned as needed. Dry mops and wet mops are available and shall be returned to their proper location after using. Lights shall be turned off and doors properly secured.
Please call the Parks & Recreation office at 715-384-4642 ext. 0 regarding rental fees, or to schedule a reservation.