Oak Avenue Community Center
- The gym is $135 (includes sales tax) per day (8 a.m. - 12 a.m.) for an athletic event (basketball, volleyball). A full day gym rental includes use of the dining room at no charge.
- The gym is $165 (includes sales tax) per day for any non-athletic event, requiring mats to be put on the gym floor (parties, sales). A full day gym rental includes use of the dining room at no charge.
- The dining room rental is $35 for a 6-hour time-block (10am-4pm or 4:30pm-10:30pm). Full-day rental of the gym includes free use of the dining room, if you so choose. Please indicate when making reservation.
- A $25 refundable key deposit is required when picking up the key for your rental.
- Facility keys must be picked up Mon - Fri, 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., no more than two days in advance of rental.
Reservation Reservations will be accepted no more than two years in advance to the exact date. Reservations will be accepted by telephone or in person on a first-come, first-serve basis. Priority will be given to all Parks & Recreation Department sponsored activities and City-wide special events by allowing these reservations to be made more than two years in advance of the desired date.
Reservations made less than two weeks in advance of the requested date(s) must be approved by department supervisor prior to confirmation of the reservation.
Rental Fee The rental fee must be paid within two weeks of making the reservation. Charges will be made for any and all damages, lack of cleaning, lost keys, administrative costs, and other services required.
The adult (18 years or older) signing the reservation form assumes complete responsibility for any and all damages, missing items, and cleaning responsibilities. A listing of cleaning and closing responsibilities shall be given to the individual at the time that the building key is checked out.
Key Deposit A $25 refundable key deposit is required when picking up the key for your rental. Keys for the facility must be picked up Mon - Fri, 7:30am-4:30pm, no more than two days in advance of rental.
Cancellations and Refunds Cancel within two weeks of making a reservation OR one year or more prior to your event and receive a full refund of any fees paid. Cancel less than one year but more than 60 days prior to your event and forfeit $25. Cancel 60 days or less prior to your event and you will forfeit $50.
Signs The placement of signs associated with a scheduled use of the Oak Avenue Community Center shall comply with the following items:
- Signs shall not be placed at the site more than one week in advance of the scheduled use.
- Signs shall be placed only at the pre-approved locations.
- The current event/activity has priority regarding sign placement. If a previously placed sign for an upcoming event conflicts with the promotion or function of a current event being held at the center the Parks & Recreation Director or his/her designee may require that the sign(s) to be removed, relocated or modified until after the current event/activity has come to an end.
- The placement of signs shall not cause damage to either the building or grounds.
- All signs must comply with the city sign ordinance and policies. It is the responsibility of the individual or organization to confirm compliance through the Planning and Economic Development Department.
- Individuals requesting to post signs shall provide the quantity, size, location, and content at the time the building is reserved.
Please call the Parks & Recreation office at 715-384-4642 ext. 0 regarding rental fees, or to schedule a reservation.