Marshfield Police Department
Non-emergency Dispatch: 715-387-4394
Business Line: 715-384-0800
Fax Line: 715-384-0823
2018 Marshfield Citizens Police Academy
The Marshfield Police Department has revamped its citizens’ police academy program. We will be holding classes on Wednesday evenings from 6:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. for seven (7) consecutive weeks, starting April 11, 2018. Class size is limited to 15 adults. We still have room for more people to sign up.
The goals of the citizens’ police academy are:
- To provide citizens a working knowledge of law enforcement operations, including support staff.
- To strengthen law enforcement/community relations.
- To obtain valued feedback from the community through citizen participation.
- To increase citizen knowledge about police functions.
- To enhance employee’s instructor training skills.
The above objectives are met with the use of hands-on interactive experiences in areas such as:
- Crime scene investigations.
- SWAT tactics.
- Utilization of police department firearms at the police range.
- Parking and stray animal ordinance enforcement.
- Squad and rescue vehicle familiarity.
- Observe firsthand how the K-9 unit performs its duties.
- OWI arrest procedure.
- School Resource Officer and Police Auxiliary programs.
If you are interested in participating, please call Peggy at 384-0800 between 7:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday before April 1, 2018.
Get the MyPD App today to keep up with the latest Police News
Free Bicycle Registration
During the course of the year, the police department recovers numerous abandoned and stolen bicycles. If the bicycle is registered, owners can be located and bicycles returned. To protect your property and as a public service, beginning in 2014, bike licenses will be provided to you at no cost. You may register your bike at the Marshfield Police Department Monday through Friday between 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
Basic bike information required on the registration form includes:
Frame color and size
Number of speeds
For more news click Here.
For more info about human powered transportation click here.
Wisconsin Department of Transportation Helpful Links: