For over 120 years, the City of Marshfield has taken an active role in maintaining the quality of the local environment. Since 1880, the City has provided wastewater collection and treatment. Over the years, the City has continued to improve its collection and treatment system to meet evolving state and federal regulations and a growing population. Below is a timeline of improvements to the Marshfield wastewater system.
Imhoff tank construction 1923.
Current plant constructed 2000.
TIMELINE OF IMPROVEMENTS
|1880||-- Original collection and treatment of facility.|
-- Two Imhoff tanks installed, one on South Roddis Avenue and one at Braem Park.
-- Braem Park site abandoned and another Imhoff tank, primary clarifier and trickling filter added to South Maple Avenue.
-- Maple Avenue site abandoned and new treatment plant constructed on South Vine Avenue.
|1976||-- Plant expanded to comply with federal regulations.|
|1979||-- Sewer collection system rehabilitation completed.|
|1986||-- Plant upgraded to include tertiary level of treatment.|
-- South Vine Avenue plant was abandoned and a new facility on the south side, east of Veterans Parkway was built to meet current community needs and revised state regulations.
--North East lift station, south of McMillan/Galvin intersection, was upgraded with new pumps and control to reduce plugging from disposable wipes.
--June 24th the plant was switched over to Biological Phosphorus removal operation from that of chemical addition to remove nutrients.