Stewardship Award Program
Press Release | Nomination Form
Purpose & Goals of the Program:
- Education/Outreach. The purposes of the program are to educate the public on the community’s historic resources and to promote an awareness and support for historic preservation within the community.
- Preservation & Rehabilitation. A goal of the program is to encourage rehabilitation and maintenance of historic structures and to influence community norms regarding the proper care & maintenance of historic resources.
- Recognition Format. The program is formatted to formally recognize & thank property owners who have done a great job of taking care of their properties.
- Introduction of Program. The stewardship awards program will be introduced to the community by press release at the beginning of each year.
- Nominations. Nominations are open to the general public. Nomination forms may be submitted online or by mail.
- Awards. A stewardship award certificate, framed, sealed & signed by the Mayor, will be presented to property owners to recognize their property and their restoration or upkeep efforts. Awards will be presented on an annual or bi-annual basis at a Common Council meeting or in conjunction with Historic Preservation Month event.
Award Eligibility Criteria & Selection Process:
- Criteria: Any structure, 50 years or older, that has been rehabilitated, restored, maintained or otherwise “improved” thereby improving or maintaining character of the structure and/or neighborhood.
- Selection Process. The Historic Preservation Committee will review nominations as they are received and discuss/vote on eligibility for award.