City of Marshfield
Home Citizens Visitors Developers Staff Employment Contact Us
 

Historic Preservation

Local Register

The Mechler House
305 South Maple Avenue

 Mechler House

Built in 1893, this house (a three gabled, Victorian style home) was once occupied by E.F. Mechler, the first jeweler in Marshfield . The Mechler jewelry store was established in 1896 and was originally located at 116 S. Central Avenue . Upon Mr. Mechler’s death in 1936, the house passed down through the Mechler family. For eight decades local residents has referred to this house as “The Mechler House.”

Copyright © 2005-2014 City of Marshfield, Wisconsin.
Disclaimer | Feedback
Welcome to the City of Marshfield Web Site!

Historic Preservation

Committee

Stewardship Award Program

Marshfield Historic Register

National Register

Educational Materials

Local Preservation Planning

Historic Preservation Links

Historic Preservation Frequently Asked Questions