Recreation Programs & Classes
The Marshfield Parks & Recreation Department is offering the following classes and programs.
- Youth tennis lessons beginning the week of March 6th on Mondays and Tuesdays. Classes will be held for six weeks at the indoor tennis court in City Hall Plaza. The cost is $29.00 for city residents and $43.50 for non-residents.
- Open Swim at the Sr. High Pool is held on Monday and Wednesday evenings through March 15th from 5:45 to 8:00 p.m. Youth under the age of 18 are FREE and adults are $2.50 for city residents, $3.75 for non-residents.
- Pickleball is held on Tuesday evenings from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. and Thursdays from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. at the Oak Avenue Community Center, 201 S. Oak Ave. Advanced tickets at a discounted rate can be purchased in the Parks & Recreation office for $22.00 (10 tickets). The drop-in rate is $2.50.
- Adult Exercise classes are held at the Marshfield Mall in the Senior Center on Tuesday & Thursday mornings from 9:00 to 10:00 a.m. The drop-in rate is $3.00 per class, or a flex card can be purchased for $42 (16 classes) or $24 (8 classes). These classes will focus on improving joint mobility, muscle strength and endurance.
- Tai Chi classes are held at the Marshfield Mall in the Senior Center on Tuesday & Thursday mornings from 10:15 to 11:15 a.m. The drop-in rate is $3.00 per class, or a flex card can be purchased for $42 (16 classes) or $24 (8 classes). These classes will focus on strengthening the body with minimal stress to the joints, and help improve coordination and relaxation.
- 50+ Golf Instruction on Wednesday mornings, April 5th through May 3rd from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. The fee is $30.00 for ages 50 and older, and $40.00 for those under 50 years of age. Lessons include one complimentary round of golf at Marshfield Country Club.
- Golf Instruction on Tuesday evenings, April 4th through May 9th from 6:45 to 7:45 p.m. The fee is $35.00 for ages 12-17 and $60 for ages 18 and older. Lessons include two complimentary rounds of golf at Marshfield Country Club.
For more information, call 715-384-4642 ext. 0. To sign up for any of the classes, stop by our office at 630 S. Central Avenue, Suite 201R or register online at ci.marshfield.wi.us.