Kodiak Bear Exhibit
An expanded, bear-friendly Kodiak bear exhibit was constructioned in 2015, with a significant amount of private donations raised for the project.
Donations are always welcome for continual improvements and any future repairs. To donate to the new Kodiak Bear Exhibit, please fill out this form and mail your gift to the Marshfield Area Community Foundation, P.O. Box 456, Marshfield, WI 54449. Make your check payable to the Marshfield Area Community Foundation and list “Bear Exhibit” on the memo line, or contact the Marshfield Area Community Foundation at 715-384-9029 for more information. You may also donate online now and designate "Bear Exhibit".
WE'VE COME A LONG WAY!
- A home was created for two Kodiak bears
- Existing 1,200 square foot primary outdoor exhibit was expanded, with additional 4,600 square feet of groomed space
- New "Bear Woods" was built consisting of almost one acre of bear enrichment grounds in existing wooded area
- "Bear Woods" was connected to the primary exhibit with new enclosed bridge spanning 65 feet
- Existing den building remodeled with state-of-the-art animal containment and care facilities
- Additional pools with recirculating water were added
- A 15-foot-wide glass viewing window was installed into exhibit, providing shade & shelter for visitors, in addition to potential up-close bear encounters
- A natural environment was created for the bears with diverse opportunities for enrichment
IT'S NOT TOO LATE TO DONATE YOUR GIFT
All gifts will be recognized. Gifts of $1,000+ will have permanent recognition at the exhibit.