Wildwood Zoo Tour Information
Wildwood Zoo is open year-round for those who would like to tour the zoo on their own during zoo hours.
Zookeeper-guided tours are available year-round at a rate of $44.00 per hour. No more than 25-30 people per guided tour. If there are more than 25-30 people, the tour can be split up into two 1/2-hour tours.
Zookeeper tours can be scheduled between 8am-2pm Monday through Friday only; no evenings or weekends. Tours last approximately one hour. Staff from the zoo will accompany your group around the core zoo area talking about the zoo animals, showing you what goes on behind the scenes at the zoo, and offering you an opportunity to see and touch animal artifacts (things like skulls and pelts). We may also do enrichment with one of the animals during a tour. During enrichment, we put a toy or special treat in with an animal to bring out more natural behaviors.
When calling to schedule your zoo tour, please note the following information, and be ready to let us know what you'd like to see on your customized tour!
Choose Type of Tour:
- One-hour Tour= 6 exhibit choices
- Two 1/2-hour Tours (to split large group) = 3 exhibit choices
- One-hour Kodiak Bear Exhibit ONLY(can be split into two 1/2-hour tours)
Choose Animal Exhibits for Tour(s):
- Canadian Lynx
- Kodiak Bears (does NOT include "behind the scenes", but can be booked as its own full hour tour)
- Mountain Lions
- Raptors (Great Horned Owls, Red-tailed Hawks, Peregrine Falcons, Screech Owls, Bald Eagles and Rough-legged Hawks)
- Sandhill Cranes
- Arctic & Gray Fox
- Prairie Dogs
We would love to know when your group is planning to visit! If you would like to set up a tour, please call the Marshfield Parks & Recreation Department at 715-384-4642, extension 0 to schedule a date and time.