City of Marshfield
Home Citizens Visitors Developers Staff Employment Contact Us
 

Wastewater Utility

History

For over 120 years, the City of Marshfield has taken an active role in maintaining the quality of the local environment. Since 1880, the City has provided wastewater collection and treatment. Over the years, the City has continued to improve its collection and treatment system to meet evolving state and federal regulations and a growing population. Below is a timeline of improvements to the Marshfield wastewater system.


  

      Imhoff tank construction 1923.         Current plant constructed 2000.


TIMELINE OF IMPROVEMENTS


1880
Original collection and treatment of facility.
1923
Two Imhoff tanks installed, one on South Roddis Avenue and one at Braem Park.
1934
Braem Park site abandoned and another Imhoff tank, primary clarifier and trickling filter added to South Maple Avenue.
1947
Maple Avenue site abandoned and new treatment plant constructed on South Vine Avenue.
1976
Plant expanded to comply with federal regulations.
1979
Sewer collection system rehabilitation completed.
1986
Plant upgraded to include tertiary level of treatment.
2000
South Vine Avenue plant was abandoned and a new facility on the south side, east of Veterans Parkway was built to meet current community needs and revised state regulations.

Copyright © 2005-2014 City of Marshfield, Wisconsin.
Disclaimer | Feedback
Welcome to the City of Marshfield Web Site!

Wastewater Utility

Staff

News

History

Treatment Process

Services

Sewer Backup

Education and Outreach

Pharmaceuticals

Innovations and Technology

Biosolids

Mercury Pollution Minimization Plan